Thank you for your interest in the North Cobb School for International Studies
Potential applicants and their parents or guardians are invited to join our faculty and staff at our Fall Virtual Showcase on Tuesday, October 27th, starting at 6:30 on North Cobb Video's YouTube Channel and Zoom! This event marks the best opportunity to gain a true appreciation of our program and to best determine if NCSIS if the right fit for your student.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an incoming 9th Grade Student
- Must reside in the Cobb County School District
- Must complete and submit the online application by December 1st, 2021.
- Strong middle school grades (7th and 8th) in Science, Social Studies, English Language.
- Excellent standardized test scores (Iowa and PSAT 8/9)
- Strong communication skills (essay question on application)
- Outstanding recommendations from middle school teachers.
- Demonstrated interest in global learning
- October 1, 2021: Online application system opens. Follow this LINK to apply.
- October 16, 2021: Non-CCSD Magnet Testing @ North Cobb High School (registration/payment required)
- October 26th, 2021: NCSIS Open House for Prospective Students: 6:30-8:30. Virtually hosted on Teams.
- TBD--PSAT 8/9 in CCSD middle schools
- December 1, 2021: Online Applications due, submitted.
- February 18, 2022–4:30 PM: Admissions Decisions available to students on online application site.
- March 10, 2022: Magnet Spring Open House for Accepted Students–6:30 to 8:30PM in NCHS Performing Arts Center.
- March 15, 2022: Deadline for Accepted Students' commitment (made online)
Private School, Home School, and Applicants Not Currently attending a Cobb County School
Request that your Middle School send the following:
- Most recent nationally-normed test score, showing national percentile ranking (NPR). Most common are ITBS or Stanford Achievement Test.
- 7th & 8th grade transcripts
Mail, FAX or email to:
North Cobb School for International Studies
North Cobb High School
3400 Hwy. 293 North
Kennesaw, GA 30144
The PSAT 8/9 will be administered to all 8th graders in the Cobb County School District during October/November at your middle school. This test will count as a key component of your Magnet Admissions score. Visit PSAT 8/9 for more information about this test.
NON-CCSD 8th Grade Students will be tested on dates/times TBD.